Triumph has started accepting bookings for the new Bonneville T120. Priced at Rs 8.70 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) the bike gets a series of changes making it a true modern day motorcycle without losing out on the typical old world British charm. From the silhouette to sculpted flowing lines on the fuel tank, the new T120 shows off its evolution in a manner which is sure to captivate any enthusiast.
Old vs New: T120 – List of changes
But how is the T120 different from the older T100s? Here’s a list of changes and important features…
- Engine: T120 gets an all new 1,200 cc water cooled, parallel twin, high torque engine (first water cooled Bonneville). It churns out 79 bhp of maximum power at 6,550 rpm and 105 Nm of peak torque at 3,100 rpm. That’s 54 per cent more torque than the outgoing model!
- Features: Just as the Street Twin, T120 too gains DRL Head lamps, LED tail lamps and under seat USB charging. Riding aides include ABS, switchable traction control, ride by wire and slip and assist clutch.
- Riding Modes: The new T120 also comes with special riding modes for road and rain.
- Chassis: The all new chassis and suspension setup has been developed for a relaxed riding all day long.
- Switchgear: The new switchgear has been designed for simple fingertip controls allowing easy access to key features on the twin pod instrumentation console.
- The Ignition key gets a transponder for the engine immobiliser.
The bike gets heated grips as standard with twin skinned chrome exhaust headers and peashooter style silencers. Inspired from the 1959 T120, the new motorcycle aims to provide comfort and real world practicality.
Bonneville T120 Colours
The new Bonneville T120 will be available in the following colours…
- Cranberry Red and Aluminium Silver, with hand painted coach lines
- Jet Black and Pure White, with hand painted coach lines
- Jet Black
- Cinder Red
Apart from this Triumph will also be providing 160 new accessories which include Vance & Hines chrome peashooter style slip on silencers, stitched seats, chrome clutch, alternator and throttle body embellishers and an authentic 4-bar Triumph tank badge. To make things simpler, the company will be offering a Prestige Inspiration Kit as a starting point.