We list Tork Kratos details in this story. Kratos is probably one of the most interesting electric motorcycle that India has seen so far…
That has been a long wait of almost six years. However, being late is better than delivering sub-standard products quick and that has been happening in India, just for valuations!
Tork introduced Kratos in India today as we have already discussed in this launch article.
Let’s take a closer look at the Tork Kratos and Kratos R – the two variants..
Tork Kratos Details
Design and Chassis:
- The Kratos and Kratos R are designed as naked streetfighters.
- The Kratos comes with a tagline – “Born on the Race Track, Unleashed on the Streets”.
- It utilises a steel-trellis frame which is covered with plastic cladding and showcases a ‘lightning-bolt’ design at the front section of the bike.
- The company claims the frame is specifically optimised for better riding and handling characteristics.
- The battery pack is mounted lower in the chassis to have a better Center of Gravity.
- The Ground Clearance of Kratos is 165 mm.
Battery and Motor:
- The company boasts a completely new electric motor which they have designed and built from scratch and utilises Torus Construction.
- The motor used is an Axial Flux PMSM Motor which provides higher efficiency over a wide speed band.
- The motor produces 9 kW (12 BHP) of max. power and 38 Nm of peak torque and utilises Single stage gear reduction with Chain Drive system.
- It uses forced air-cooled method to manage its cooling during its operation.
- Tork claims their motor provides nearly 96% efficiency during its functioning.
- These electric bikes use the 4 kWh ‘Tork LIION’ Li-ion battery pack which they claim is the safest battery pack they have ever built.
- These battery packs are manufactured at Bharat Forge Ltd. manufacturing unit at Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
- The battery pack features 21,700 high-energy density cells which are designed to have optimised cooling.
- Their battery pack boasts fast-charging characteristics and can be charged to 80% SOC in 1 hour.
- The company claims the battery is suitable for all Indian conditions and boasts IP67 weatherproof sealing within an Aluminium HPDC box.
- The company claims an IDC range of 180 km and real-world range of 120 km on a single charge.
- Performance-wise, Tork claims the Kratos can achieve 0-40 kmph in 4 seconds while the Kratos R can do the same in 3.5 seconds.
- Kratos can achieve a top speed of 100 kmph while the top speed of Kratos R is 105 kmph.
- Tok Kratos is provided only in White colour while Kratos R gets four colours – White, Blue, Red and Black.
- The electric bikes get 3-years (40,000 km) Warranty as standard.
- It gets four riding modes – Eco, City, Sports and Reverse.
- The Kratos and Kratos R gets a full-digital instrumentation cluster with Bluetooth Mobile connectivity and In-app Navigation System.
- Other features include Regenerative Braking, USB charging, LED headlight, DRLs, Anti-theft system, Front storage box, Hazard lights, Crash Alert, Ride Analytics, Over The Air (OTA) updates and much more.
- Surprisingly, most of the features are only available on high-spec Kratos R variant.
- Tork have introduced their ‘Pit Crew’ service which will provide servicing of the electric bikes directly at the customers’ doorstep.
Price and Availability:
- Price of Tork Kratos is Rs. 1,92,499/- and for Kratos R is Rs. 2,07,499/- (x-showroom, Pune).
- The effective price of Kratos after FAME II and state subsidy is Rs. 1,07,999/- and for Kratos R is Rs. 1,22,999/- (ex-showroom, Pune).
- The Kratos can be had for as low as Rs 1,02,499 in Delhi including all subsidies and rebates.
- Kratos and Kratos R bookings have started from today itself at their dealerships across India at Rs. 999/-.
- Phase-I availability of these bikes is at six locations – Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai.
- Phase-II availability will start later with introductions in more than 100 cities across India.