As we have reported sometime back, Suzuki has finally launched a 125cc commuter under a typical name ‘Slingshot’. This bike is seen as an upgrade to their decent performer Zeus. Slingshot sports a 125cc single cylinder engine borrowed from Zeus.
Following are the highlights of the new launch:
- Engine: 124cc 4 stroke, Air Cooled same as Zeus
- Power output of 8.7PS @ 7500 rpm
- Torque: 10Nm @ 3500 rpm
- All Black theme
- Slingshot would be offered in two variants: Spoke Wheel and Alloy Wheels
- 130mm Drum Brakes standard, No Disc Brakes, not even optional.
- Electric Start would be standard across all models
- 5 speed gearbox with 1 down 4 up pattern same as Zeus
- 12 V 5Ah battery in comparison to 12V 2.5Ah of the Zeus
- Glossy and Sparkling Colors: Yellow, Orange, Silver, Black and Red
- Slingshot weighs 127 Kgs (Kerb)
- Ground Clearance increased to 160mm from 155mm of Zeus
- Length reduced to 2035mm from 2040mm of Zeus
- Wheelbase increased to 1265mm from 1240mm of Zeus
- Same 12 liters tank
- Ex-showroom price of Rs. 45,000
- BSIII compliant
Suzuki has priced the bike in the same range where Zeus exists currently, hinting that Zeus would finally be taken off to prevent any cannibalization.
Slingshot borrows lot of cues from its bigger sibling GS150R. This bike would compete directly with Hero Honda’s Super Splendor and Glamor, Yamaha’s newly launched YBR125 and HMSI’s Shine.
We hope Slingshot propels Suzuki’s growth to new heights to encourage them to become more aggressive in the market.
– Saad Khan