As were the hints, Suzuki has officially launched two new liter class motorcycles in India – the naked GSX-S1000 and the faired S1000F a little earlier. Both of them carry the DNA of the supersport GSX-R1000 along with its engine and unlike the race-bred motorcycle, these two are more road-going versions which can be your everyday companions.
Both the S1000 and S1000F are powered by the 999cc 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled DOHC motor. Suzuki has not mentioned the power and torque figures of these motorcycles for India but we know their international versions produce 145.5 PS of power and 106 Nm of torque.
Both the twins come equipped with ABS as standard and at 214 kg (curb weight) the faired S1000F weighs 5 kg more than the naked.
Both the motorcycles are imported as CBUs and as we had predicted in our last article, Suzuki has priced them between 12 to 13 Lakhs in India. Here are the exact prices…
- Suzuki GSX-S1000: Rs 12.25 Lakhs
- Suzuki GSX-S1000F: Rs 12.70 Lakhs
Just for reference Suzuki’s GSX-R1000 is priced at Rs 15.95 Lakhs and competition Kawasaki’s Z1000 and Ninja 1000 (read review) carry price tags of 12.5 Lakhs each.
*all prices mentioned here are ex-showroom Delhi
Both these motorcycles are available in the following two color options.
- Candy Daring Red/Glass Sparkle Black (AV4)
- Metallic Triton Blue (YSF)
All the colors are displayed on this page
Suzuki S1000F & S1000 Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Overall Length : 2,115mm
- Overall Width : 795mm
- Overall Height : 1,180mm
- Wheelbase : 1,460mm
- Ground Clearance : 140mm
- Seat Height : 810mm
- Curb Mass : 214 kg/209 kg
- Fuel Tank : 17litres
- Oil capacity (Overhaul) : 3.4 litres
- Engine Type : 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke : 73.4mm x 59.0mm
- Displacement : 999cc
- Compression ratio : 12.2:1
- Ignition Type : Electronic Ignition (Transistorized)
- Transmission : 6-speed constant mesh
- Front : Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear : Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front : 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear : 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Front : Disc, twin
- Rear : Disc