Hi, I am Joel Chandra and have been following the thumping for a long long time. I am originally from Mumbai but have been settled in Hyderabad for quiet a few years now.
Finally got my hands on my Thunderbird. I got a call on 28-Apr-2011 at 10:00 Pm and was asked if I can take the delivery on 29-Apr and I was more than happy to do that. I left workplace at 3:00 Pm, picked my wife and kiddo and we all went to the showroom. I must say, it looks a little chaotic and by no means was the waiting experience amazing. But I am ok about it since I did not spend more than 4 hrs for the whole process to finish (Tiring it was).
When I entered the RE Showroom, I saw atleast three Red TBTS parked and I instantly started looking for the bike which would be mine. I handed over my documents to the sales guy and again started to check them out. I selected one and told the guy to close on that.
Well, I asked them to take it out from the herd which helped me check it with more caution. I was convinced and told the sales guy to block the bike. Cash was paid and I was informed that I can get the accessories fitted until the insurance and other things are in place. I am not a fan of saree guard and hence only installed a crash guard. I did not get what I wanted since the stock was not available. I will use the current crash guard may be for an year and then change to the one I want/like.
Finally, I was on the bike and started riding. It was getting dark and I switched on the headlight and I felt that it needs a upgrade. I would be installing Phillips 55/60w after or during my first servicing. I had 90/100w on my avenger and it did the job very well.. For my bull, I do not want to take that risk now. May be once I get to meet others who have used this without problems, I would be convinced to do that. I am not willing to use a relay for 55/60w bulb though.
The Riding Experience
Let me come to my riding experience. Well, the first day, I rode for about 120kms within Hyderabad. The bike is just amazing to ride. I am getting used to the loud engine noise which I was not experiecing in any of my earlier bikes. The best thing that I noted was the comfort that it gives. My wife and I were very comfortable even on rough patches of the road. It being in run-in, I did not exceed 60kmph, however, I felt the reponse from the engine is best when you are going above 2k RPM. Also, the gear seems to be a little hard but I do not complain of it. That is how RE is suppose to be.
5th-May-2011: I have done about 400kms on the bull and it seems to be improving every day. I am waiting to get the first servicing to be done. I am planning to go to Bidar this Weekend and visit the gurudwara there. But before that, I would want the servicing to be done. There are a couple of things that needs to be taken care during the first servicing for my bike. They are
- Gear shifting seems to be too hard. Need to get that checked.
- Horn is too too low
- headlight focus is not right. Needs to be adjusted.
- Chain is either too tight or too loose. When I have a pillon on bumpy road, I hear some sound from the chain.
- The rear number plate is not alighned. I had informed this while taking delivery and I was assured that this will be aligned during the first servicing.
Other than this the regular fastening of bolts, checking of brakes and other things.
7th-May-2011: (First Service 433Kms – 7 Days from the date of delivery). Got my bike serviced today and things seems to be in much better shape now. The bike has become more responsive and most of the below problems have been sorted out.
- Gear shifting seems to be too hard. Need to get that checked. – It still remains the same. I am told that is exactly how it is.
- Horn is too too low – This was rectified. There was some tuning issue.
- headlight focus is not right. Needs to be adjusted.- Slightly loosened the unit and correctly aligned. I also replaced it with Philips 55/60w Halogen. Excellent coverage on the road. I need to check it tomorrow while I am on the road trip to Bidar.
- Chain is either too tight or too loose. When I have a pillon on bumpy road, I hear some sound from the chain. – The chain has been adjusted and greased well.
- The rear number plate is not aligned. I had informed this while taking delivery and I was assured that this will be alighned during the first servicing. – This has been done.
- The headlight switch is slipping sometimes:- Asked RE Service Center to replace it. Stock not available right now. This will be done during the next servicing. This has been assured by the Territory Service Manager.