Hero is going from pillar to post (okay at least trying to..!) to bring back the lost (technical) glory it enjoyed being with Honda. In this bid, they have planned to refresh everything they have…well almost.
And in the same bid, they appeared to have faltered big time…or at least that is what the pics of their new products suggested. At an event today, Hero has officially unveiled all the new products that they will be coming up with this year. Among them, the two most important ones are the flagship Karizma & ZMR twins.
A lot has been said about both these bikes earlier, however, here we share better pics and official details of both the motorcycles.
New 2014 Karizma ZMR & 2014 Karizma R
Both the bikes come with new comprehensively changed looks. Here are the important pointers:
- Twin Headlights
- Sporty Handle Bar
- Race-inspired Belly Pan
- New Muffler Cover
- Bulb Winker
- Sporty Seating Posture (Appears a little more front biased now)
- New Fairing
- Wider Tyres (How wider, we do not know yet)
- Different tail light
New 2014 Karizma ZMR
- 2014 ZMR comes with the same 4 stroke 223cc motor.
- It continues with Fuel Injection and Oil Cooler as earlier
- The torque has been given a push. ZMR produces 19.7Nm of torque at 6500 rpm. The current ZMR produces 18.35Nm at 6000 rpm. This means the new 2014 ZMR comes with an added 1.35Nm of torque however it peaks a 500 rpm later.
- And if you were waiting to know about the power figures, well let us disappoint you. Hero has, for some interesting reason, not disclosed the power figures!
New 2014 Karizma R
- The 2014 Karizma now looks very similar to the ZMR and shares its sleeker looks. It comes with a semi-fairing.
- 2014 Karizma also gets the same 223cc 4 stroke motor.
- It continues to remain carburetted
- Similar to ZMR, new 2014 Karizma gets a push in torque figures. It produces 19.35Nm at 6000 rpm. The current Karizma produces 18.35Nm at 6000 rpm. Hence, Hero has managed to extract almost 1Nm of torque at same rpm figures.
- And yes, Hero has not revealed power figures for 2014 Karizma as well.
These new pics which are taken from proper angles have got us relieved a little. Launch of both new 2014 Karizma & ZMR is expected to happen soon. But will it be enough to ward off the competition which is squaring against the largest manufacturer from all sides..?
Will you buy one of these against the choices you currently have in the market?
Pics Credit: Overdrive