In typical Hero Honda ‘ishtyle’, India’s largest manufacturer has revamped their 125cc offering, Super Splendor with brand new and refreshed graphics along with a few cosmetic upgrades. Super Splendor is one of the very few models from the company which did not click in the market to the tune Hero Honda would have liked probably.
Ever since its launch, Super Splendor has been a very moderate performer majorly attributed to the USP-less demeanor it possesses. To try and spell a new round of fresh air without wasting much money and resources, Hero Honda has done what it does regularly with fair conviction!
According to what we can identify from the pics posted on the company’s official website (yes, it’s uploaded), the bike has gone the following changes:
- NEW GRAPHICS: A new set of vibrant graphics ensure that the fresh feel on the bike is reloaded.
- NEW FRONT FAIRING: The front bikini fairing has gone a pretty weird change; it has been elongated with a probable hollow ‘smiling’ shape: Looks a little out of place.
- All BLACK THEME: The bike now wears the all black theme with the engine, front fork and tyres painted black.
- CHANGED GLOVE BOX: A small horizontal chrome dash has been placed across the tool box over the engine.
- REDESIGNED VISOR: Front visor has also been redesigned to complement the new theme.
- CHANGED REAR: The bike’s rear tail light has been altered slightly to make it curvier.
- METER CONSOLE: Meter console has been given a fresh treatment. It consists of a huge speedometer (odometer + tripmeter) which takes the center stage, separate smaller pods for fuel indicator and tell-tale lights.
- NEW ALLOY WHEELS: The bike now adorns new set of alloy wheels as well.
- PRICE: The new bike is priced at Rs 45,950 ex showroom Delhi
- Super Splendor produces 9bhp (@ 7k rpm) of maximum power output along with a peak torque of 10.35Nm (@ 4k rpm) from its 124.7cc 4 stroke air cooled ‘Quantum Core’ engine.
- The bike looks conservative but symbolizes an optimum mix of power and fuel efficiency along with impeccable durability.
- The new version costs Rs 52,117 on Road Pune and is available for sale.
- The bike comes in a single variant with drum brakes and self start as standard.
- Super Splendor also comes with body colored Rear View Mirrors
- The bike is offered in 7 colored options: Candy Blazing Red, Vibrant Blue, Cloud Silver, Black with Flery Red, Black with Electric Purple, Graphite Black, and Heavy Grey. Amongst these Black with Flery Red looks the most striking which also comes with a red colored grab rail different from the regular black colored on other colors.
So how many of you like the new Super Splendor? For more information, visit Super Splendor Official Website
– Saad Khan