KTM Motorsports has taken things a step further and has finalized the specifications of the RC 390 Cup Race bike. These specially re-designed race bikes will be used in a five round series and can be bought by the participants for USD 9,999 (Rs 6.13 lakhs). Wishful buyers need to go to a participating KTM dealership and pay a refundable security deposit of USD 1,000 (Rs 61,355) along with a copy of their AMA Road Racing Superstock Limited license or license application.
The racing version of the RC 390 will have a power output equivalent of 38 horses and gets over 40 power parts to make it race fit.
RC390 Race Cup Motorcycle Power Parts:
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Front Fork
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Rear Shock with high/low speed compression and rebound damping, adjustable preload and adjustable shock length
- Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust
- Racing Windshield, Tail Fairing and Belly Pan
- RC8 R-style Throttle Assembly
- CNC-machined Racing Foldable Levers
- CNC-machined Racing Rear Sets
It will also be devoid of the usual road going parts which include headlights, blinker, tail lamps, number plate holder with fender, side stand, co-rider foot pegs, horn, mirrors, seat and lock assembly. The bike can be expected to hit a top speed of 180 to 190 kmph.
All engines will be sealed to prevent unauthorized tuning and can be serviced only by KTM’s track partner HMC Racing. Modified street legal motorcycles will not be allowed to race in the top MotoAmerica recognized KTM RC Cup series but can be a part of regional races.
We would love to see something like this start in India so that budding racers in India can also showcase their talent and rise up the ladder of motorcycle racing.