As KTM Bajaj promised towards the start of this year, that they will launch the KTM Duke 390 by middle of 2013, here is the official teaser of the much awaited bike at their official Facebook page.
A tagline of ‘Soon to be Unleashed’ really reveals the kind of an offering we can dearly expect from these power bike makers. Though we haven’t received any official invite or word from the company, we assume that the launch is expected to happen very shortly and in all probability, this month!
Quick Summary of Duke 390:
We have talked a lot about Duke 390 and let us just take a quick summary of what is coming our way.
- Duke 390 will be KTM’s second offering in India after the successful Duke 200.
- Duke 390 is powered by a 373.2cc water cooled single cylinder engine that churns out 44PS of power output and 35Nm of peak torque.
- It comes mated to an all new 6-speed gearbox. Duke 390 comes with a mix of shorter early gears and relatively longer lower gears.
- Weighing in at a mere 139kg, Duke 390 has a power to weight ratio of a whooping 316.5PS/Tonneh
- Duke 390 will also come with a switchable ABS. Rider can turn it off, however, upon every crank it resets to the default ‘ON’ setting.
- Duke 390 is touted to be 160kmph capable which, though looks lovely on paper, will be a point to look out for considering the expected wind-blasts that the rider can be subjected to.
Duke 200 vs Duke 390 vs Ninja 300 vs CBR250:
Here is a quick comparo between the affordable performance oriented bikes in India.
Differences with Duke 200:
- Even the production Duke 390 will come with Metzeler M5 Sportec tyres that are claimed to be super grippy.
- Duke 390 comes with added weight end bars
- An orange color frame is what will further differentiate both the siblings. However, there are chances of regular colored frame as well.
- Switchable ABS is what will be stock on the 390 whereas the 200 still doesn’t come with one in India.
KTM Duke 390 Price:
This brings us to the most important question- Price? After the astronomical price of Ninja 300, people have become apprehensive about Duke 390’s pricing. However, according to what we hear, Duke 390 will be priced somewhere around the Rs 2.4-2.5 Lakh.
So, if you are waiting with a bated breath for the hooligan to arrive, your wait is coming to an end!
Also Read: Duke 390’s engine based Pulsar 375 Spyshots
Further Reading on Duke 390:
- KTM Duke 390: A Closer Look
- Are they “Twins”? Duke 200 and Duke 390, Think Again!
- SPOTTED: Upcoming KTM Duke 390 Caught in Pune; Launch Very Soon