Komaki Ranger price is on a slightly higher side, however, if it can deliver the performance and range close to 200cc models, it could do well…
Komaki Electric Vehicles, a Japan based EV manufacturer since 2016, have finally, after many teasers, launched their Ranger electric cruiser in the Indian market.
We have a lot many electric scooters in our country, however, e-motorcycles are still very few. That means that Ranger has become the first electric cruiser to be sold in India.
The company says that the ‘Ranger’ name is inspired from the extraordinary range it can achieve which can compete with many of the ICE motorcycles. For reference, the cruiser can go upto 180-220 km at one single charge.
Komaki Ranger – Key Highlights:
- Ranger comes with a 4 kW battery that Komaki says is the largest battery pack in an electric two-wheeler in our country.
- The electric cruiser will be powered by a 5 kW (6.7 BHP) motor.
- The cruiser will get a 72V-50Ah battery pack which is designed to charge quickly.
- Komaki has proudly stated that their electric cruiser will achieve a range of 180-220 km on single charge – to match the performance of ICE counterparts.
- It will get features like cruise control, repair switch, reverse switch, Bluetooth connectivity capabilities and advanced braking system.
- Additionally, it will feature disc brakes at the front and the rear aided with Combined Braking System (CBS), split-seat arrangement, integrated dual storage boxes, LED main and auxiliary headlamps, dual sound pipes with flame effect, pillion back-rest, side-stand sensor, Bluetooth with sound system and gear modes.
- The Ranger is offered in three colours – Garnet Red, Deep Blue and Jet Black.
Controversy Erupts Over Hero’s First Electric Launch
|Komaki Ranger||Rs. 1,68,000/-|
At that price, the Ranger is priced around the 250cc motorcycles of our country. It could be a good alternate if it could offer performance equal to 200cc models.
The Komaki Ranger will be available from 26th of January at all the Komaki dealerships across the country.