The most awaited bike GT250R from Hyosung’s stables was launched at a grand ceremony at Hotel Trident in Mumbai eariler. We covered the GT250R Launch event live for you. Here is the brief overview of the launch, at the end we have also given more pictures of the event which we could not upload earlier.
– This would be Hyosung’s smallest bike in India.
– This would be Hyosung’s first bike in India in partnership with DSK.
– The launch was kept minimal without stretching out on anything.DSK group chairman Mr Kulkarni talked about the brand DSK and future plans
– Hyosung GT250R is priced at 2.75 lac ex-showroom Delhi, right beside the established Ninja 250R.
– The bike will hit the showrooms in 5 days and DSK Motowheels plan to launch the naked version by September this year.
– The company also plans to launch their GV cruisers – GV250 and GV650 in India possibly by this year-end or early next year.
– As we already informed you earlier, DSK has grave plans of achieving almost 90% localization in the coming 18 months.
– If they succeed, according to them GT250R could be as cheap as 1.50 lac in India
– GT250R would be available in 3 color options – White/Red (which we have ridden), Red/Black and Silver/Red
– DSK also said that GT250R is a premium product and deserves that price.
The bigger question is that will people buy the super-sports looker GT250R or the supremely talented Ninja when these two come at the same price point. We have already tested the GT250R and you can read our comprehensive review of the bike here.
We thank our guest correspondents Siddharth and Rohit for the complete coverage of GT250R launch and keeping our readers updated about all the timely updates. Also, check out pictures from the launch ceremony.
On-road price of GT250R given above is approximate, we will soon update the article with exact price very soon. Till then you can follow this GT250 OTR Price forum thread.