Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India today launched a direct attack on their erstwhile partners, Hero Motocorp by launching Dream Neo. With the launch of Dream Neo HMSI is all ready to set a new benchmark in the 100-110cc segment that covers the commuter mass market.
Going by the price Dream Neo is launched the bike would be the most affordable two wheeler ever from Honda India’s stable.
With the launch of Dream Neo, HMSI is also aiming at substantial increase in their existing market share. Honda also claims that the bike would be a superb mile cruncher in terms of mileage and runs a fantastic 74 kms for every liter of petrol.
Dream Neo Features
- HET: With the latest addition of HET to their line-up of scooters, Dream Neo also gets Honda Eco Technology (HET) that gives superior mileage coupled with better power delivery and more torque.
- Alloy Wheels: Available as an option, Dream Neo comes in all black 6 spoke alloy wheels.
- Longer & Wider Seat: Dream Neo also offers longer and wider seat which helps in making cruising a pleasure along with a pillion.
- Dual Tone Graphics: Whatever the specifications may be, we Indian’s are always prone to looks. Keeping that in mind HMSI has given vibrant dual tone decals on the fuel tank and side shield that complements the overall looks of the bike.
- All Black Exhaust: In the age of flashing chrome adopted by manufacturers all over to give their product a glittering look, Dream Neo comes with an all black sleeker exhaust to go with the leaner looks of the bike.
Dream Neo Colors
Dream Neo is offered in the following six color options
- Alfa Red Metallic
- Black with Violet Stripes
- Mid Night Blue Metallic
- Black with Red Stripes
- Force Silver Metallic
- Monsoon Grey Metallic
Dream Neo Variants & Price
Dream Neo is offered only with drum brakes and disc brakes are not even optional. Here are different variants and prices for Dream Neo. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi
- Dream Neo (Kick-Drum-Spoke) : Rs.43150
- Dream Neo (Kick-Drum-Alloy) : Rs 44,150
- Dream Neo (Self-Drum-Alloy) : Rs 47240
Dream Neo is approximately Rs 3500 cheaper than Dream Yuga. But what Honda has done is, pit Dream Neo right under the throat of Hero’s Splendor series of bikes. Here are their starting prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Hero Splendor+ : Rs 42,950
- Hero Splendor NXG: Rs 42,250
- Hero Splendor Pro: Rs 44,150
With a direct attack on Hero, Honda has cleared that they want the numero uno spot in India. Hero has also reacted to the onslaught by introducing 5 year warranty on its complete product lineup (Details here). But its ultimately the customer which benefits from this heated competition.
So which one will you buy – newer Dream Neo or Splendor?
Type: Air Cooled, 4 stroke, SI Engine
Bore x Stroke: 50.0mm X 55.6mm
Compression Ratio: 9.9: 1
Power: 6.15 KW (8.25 bhp) @ 7500rpm
Torque: 8.63 Nm @ 5500 rpm
Fuel System: Carburettor
Battery: 12V 3 Ah (MF)
Starting System: Self/Kick
Air Filter: Viscous air filter
Transmission: 4 Speed constant mesh
Kerb Weight: 105kgs
Fuel Tank Capacity: 8.0 L
Tyre Front 80/100 – 18″ tubeless
Tyre Rear 80/100 – 18″ tubeless
Front Brake: Drum Brake – 130 mm Dia
Rear Brake: Drum Brake – 130 mm Dia