The electric scooter sales for February 2022 are in and it was a good month… All numbers are in green, except one…
The Indian customer is adapting really quickly to the changing norm where Electric Mobility is coming up as the new mobility solution in the world.
Higher percentage of the youth population who are very adaptable to new technology along with surging fuel prices have led to a significant rise in the electric two-wheeler sales.
Let’s take a look at how the major players fared in the month of February 2022.
Electric Two-wheeler Sales for February 2022
- Hero Electric – Hero Electric sold the most electric two-wheelers in February 2022 and posted a growth of 235.32% YoY. The units sold jumped from 2,194 units in February 2021 to 7,357 units in February 2022.
- Okinawa Autotech – Okinawa Autotech sold the second most electric two-wheelers. They saw a jump of 455.10% YoY, expanding from 1,067 units last year to 5923 units sold in February 2022.
- Ampere Vehicles – Following suit, Ampere also saw growth of 433.99%, growing to 4,304 units from 806 units sold last year.
- Ola Electric – Ola Electric sold 3,905 units in February 2022. This is their first year of delivering their e-scooters and are following ‘direct-to-customer’ sales model. Therefore, these numbers are based on the registrations that have occurred during the month.
- Ather Energy – Sales of Ather Energy expanded by 256.23% , growing from 626 units sold last year to 2,230 units registered in February 2022.
- TVS Motor – Showing positive growth, TVS sold 1,480 units in February 2022, growing by 611.53% from 208 units sold last year.
- Bajaj Auto – Selling the second most in the list, Bajaj sold 1,314 units showing a growth of 1083.78% YoY.
- Revolt Intellicorp – Showing the highest growth of whopping 1511.42%, Revolt sold the least EVs registering only 1,128 units.
Other than Hero Electric, all the electric manufacturers again showed good growth. Hero Electric is the only one whose sales contracted compared to the previous month.
- Hero Electric – Though selling the most EV in the month of February, Hero Electric is the only manufacturer which saw a drop in sales compared to the previous month. Their sales contracted by 5.24%.
- Okinawa Autotech – Okinawa saw a small 5.41% rise in sales when compared to January 2022 sales. It sold 5,619 units in JAnuary 2022.
- Ampere Vehicles – Ampere’s sales were in the green. They saw a small rise of 1.99% compared to previous month.
- Ola Electric – MoM Ola Electric saw the highest rise in sales. Their sales increased by a whopping 254.35%, growing from 1,102 units sold in January 2022.
- Ather Energy – Ather saw their sales grow by 18.42%, growing from 1,883 units sold in January 2022.
- TVS Motor – TVS Motor sales MoM also grew. It expanded by 33.21%, from 1,111 units sold in January 2022.
- Bajaj Auto – Bajaj saw the second most growth in sales in the list. Their sales grew by 115.05%, up from 611 units sold in January 2022.
Revolt Intellicorp – Occupying the last position in sales, Revolt also saw growth in their sales MoM. Their numbers were up by 67.60%, increasing from just 673 units sold in January 2022.