Looking for a DOT & ISI certified helmet? Here is a latest offering from Steelbird – the Ignyte IGN8. Buying link also added…
Steelbird is one of the most prominent names when we talk about helmets in India. The local maker was earlier focusing on low cost helmets, however, with an aggressive intent, it is now offering pretty good quality, fairly well priced models in the market.
In its latest announcement, Steelbird has officially launched the Ignyte IGN-8 helmet. The smart looking helmet comes with Indian ISI certification and it also meets the standards of American DOT FMVSS No 218. With dual ratings, the IGN-8 is shielded from our Government’s erratic decisions (once it banned far more stringent international rating agency certified helmets)!
Ignyte IGN-8 Helmet Key Features
- Dual certification ISI & DOT as discussed
- Shell made from PC-ABS material. Features 3-part EPS for the head as well as cheek pads.
- Replaceable and washable inner material
- Double-D ring fastener – a standard for good quality helmets
- Steelbird also promises various techniques for noise reduction
- Comes with a sliding inner sun shield
- Polycarbonate Visor with chrome border and anti-scratch coating
- The Pin Lock 30 anti-fog lens promises clearer vision even in foggy/rainy conditions
- Quick-release visor – in case you want to shift from day to night, vice versa or if you want to change your broken visor
- Ventilation system from chin and top vents for air ingress and back exhaust vents to blow out hot air
The Ignyte iGN-8 is available in three sizes – Medium – 580 mm, Large – 600 mm and XL – 620 mm. Prices for the base variant start at Rs 4699.
The helmet will be sold at Steelbird’s physical stores and at its online store. However, it is available a few hundred Rupees cheaper at Amazon.