There were talks of this bike coming to India in March, later on it slipped a month or two and now after a few days of delay, GT250R would be getting launched on 13th of June. This was confirmed by DSK officials during the unveiling of DSK’s foray into the two-wheeler segment and its partnership with Hyosung replacing Garware Motors.
- GT250R was initially planned to be launched on 7th of June but possibly due to this internal change of guards and partners the official unveiling was shifted by 1 week.
- GT250R is Hyosung’s smallest bike in India and possibly the most awaited one from their stables as well.
- GT250R would compete with Honda CBR250R and Kawasaki Ninja 250R in the 250cc segment in India.
- Though there is no official disclosure of its price but the bike is expected to come around the Rs 2.5 lakhs region until DSK plans to pull up a surprise (we expect!).
- GT250R would be brought in CKD (Completely Knocked Down) units and assembled at company’s Wai plant.
- At a later stage, DSK plans to create a proper manufacturing plant and increase localization in turn causing the effective prices of all its motorcycles to go down to become more competitive in the market.
On invitation by the company we, BikeAdvice, have already tested the GT250R and you can read our comprehensive review of the bike along with a whole lot of pictures here.