At an event in Chennai, TVS has officially unveiled and launched their biggest Apache 200 in India along with the reintroduction of the Victor brand. While we have another article lined up for Victor, let us quickly skim you through the first hand details of Apache 200.
Powering the Apache 200 is a rebored 197.75 cc 4 valve single cylinder mill.
- Offered in two variants, the engine produces 21 PS of maximum power at 9,000 rpm and 18.1 Nm of peak torque at 7,000 rpm with electronic fuel injection. There is also a carburetted version which produces 20.5 PS at the same rpm.
- Mated with a 5 speed gearbox, the bike claims to hit 0 to 60 kmph in 3.9 second and 100 kmph in 12.1 seconds.
- The top speed is claimed to be 127 kmph and 129 kmph respectively.
- The bore is 66 mm and stroke is 57.8 mm.
- The engine idles at 1400 rpm +/- 200 rpm.
- The engine is cooled by an oil cooler with Ram air assist.
- The high flow exhaust has been specially designed for performance with emphasis given on note.
Apache 200: Key Pointers & Specs
- The bike weighs 148.5 kg (kerb) and has a 12 litre fuel tank. The dry weight is 140 kg.
- It sports TVS Remora tubeless tyres – 90/90 R17 at the front and 130/70 R17 at the rear. Pirelli Sport Demons are offered as an optional extra.
- Braking duties are administered by a 270 mm petal disc upfront and and 240 mm petal unit at the rear. Dual channel ABS is also present as an option with RLP (rear lift off protection).
- The Apache RTR 200 is also the first product from the manufacturer to sport a race inspired mono suspension at the rear which has been sourced from KYB. The front gets 37 mm telescopic forks.
- Apache 200 is 2,050 mm long, 790 mm wide and has an overall height of 1,015 mm. The wheelbase is 1,353 mm long.
- Apache 200 has a neat 180 mm high ground clearance and the seat height of 800 mm.
- The head lamp gets 60/55 H4 bulb with daytime running LED position lamp.
- The all-digital instrumentation gets a trip meter, speedometer, odometer, gear position indicator, lap time recorder, low battery warning, service reminder, a clock and the obvious tacho and fuel level indicator.
Apache 200: Colours
Apache 200 becomes the first motorcycle to be offered in a choice of 5 matte colors plus 2 non-matte offerings. In all, you can choose from the following seven color options…
- Matte Red
- Matte Yellow
- Matte White
- Matte Black
- Matte Grey
- Black (gloss)
Pricing and availability:
As we had predicted, TVS has launched Apache 200 at an attractive starting price tag of Rs 88,990 ex-showroom, Delhi for the base variant which gets carburettor and TVS tyres. They haven’t specifically revealed the prices of all the variants but confirmed that the top of the line trim – with Fuel Injection and Pirelli tyres, will cost approximately Rs 1.15 lakh (must be ex-showroom Delhi).
Regarding its availability, initially, TVS will limit it to some tier 1 cities and they have plans to launch it up in phases. But by April 2016, they want to make it available pan-India.
Apache 200 competes against Bajaj Pulsar AS200 and others. We will be riding the bike tomorrow so do feel free to ask any specific questions if you have…