BMW Motorrad has launched the R nine T in India. The bike though looks like a café racer, the company rather calls it a roadster. R Nine T was launched internationally in March 2014 to commemorate the 90 year anniversary of the BMW Motorrad.
It houses a 1170cc motor which can be cooled by air as well as oil, churning out 110.1PS of power @7600rpm and 119Nm of torque @6000rpm. It is mated to a six speed transmission. The key features of the bike include:
- Weighs just 222 kg (wet) which means that the bike should be pretty nimble thanks to its light weight body.
- Tubular steel frame with aluminium fuel tank.
- Low saddle height of 785mm.
- The bike has a top speed in excess of 200kmph.
- It boasts of an incredible fuel efficiency of 22.22kmpl.
- Performance special Akrapovic exhaust, standard in India.
R Nine T has been priced at Rs 23.5 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai) and will cost somewhere around Rs 27 lakhs on road.
The hand crafted mortorcycle (well mostly) will be available with a single disc at the front and mono disc at the rear. ABS is expected to be standard.
BMW claims the bike to be a simple easy going bike which would not confuse you with tons and tons of wizardry. It even claims of a 0-100 in just 3.6s! The engine is almost the same as the one in the R 1200R.
This R Nine T will be sold at BMW’s three dealers in India – Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.