This June is a delight for all bikes. With so many motorcycling rides happening, one has a very good chance of experiencing what biking is all about. In the World Motorcycle Day Half Summit, motorcyclists from all over the country will be riding from New Delhi to Rohtang Pass from June 20 to June 22 2014.
The entire trip is being organised by Siddaarth Oberoi, an avid biker and fashion designer, and Vivek Binepal, a brilliant photographer and music lover. The Riderthon, which is the name given to this group, is an independent community built specifically for riders. They might own any motorcycle, it does not matter if they are from a different riding club, what matters is that they should have a love for riding.
Riderthon did its first trip in June 2012, and also focuses on music. They do not promote any popular music groups but believe in promoting local and lesser known groups. June 21 is the World Motorcycle Day as well as world Music Day, thus making it an ideal day to celebrate the spirit of motorcycling and music. They aim to make their ride as environment friendly as possible and use a venue which runs on a sustainable model of functioning, minimizing footprint on the ecosystem.
The group will be camping in Old Manali, at a serene location hidden behind a forest facing the Himalayas. Riders will be given clean tents with excellent sanitation facilities. Foodies can expect numerous joys from the multi cuisine kitchen and even try their hands at the barbecue grills & bonfires to whip up their personal favorites.
Participation & Other Details Regarding WMD Half Summit, 2014:
- 3 DAYS & 2 NIGHTS | June 20th – 22nd, 2014
- World Motorcycle Day | Riderthon Half Summit
- Rohtang Pass, Himachal.
- Participation Fee : Rs. 9999/- Per Person. All Inclusive. Exclusive Entry to Bikers & 4×4 Off-roaders Only.
- Destination: Delhi, Punjab to Himachal Pradesh.
- Dates: 20th – 22nd June, 2014 | Friday – Sunday
- Duration: 3 days & 2 nights
- Music: Tribute to Rock Concert (60’s, 70’s, 80’s & 90’s) | India & Nepal
- Rider Participation: Registrations on first-come first-serve basis, until accommodation is exhausted.