If there is one company which we like in terms of aggression it has to be DSK Benelli. Ever since their foray in India, they have not just offered products at competitive prices but have always kept the buyers at the edge of their seats with newer product announcements and the most important bit is that almost all of them are exciting. At the recently concluded Auto Expo 2016 they showcased not one but four very interesting motorcycles and announced that all of them will be launched in India within this year itself.
If that is not all, they are out plugging the only con with their existing lineup – the lack of ABS! DSK already showcased the 600s equipped with ABS at the Auto Expo and have plans to offer the safety tech in their entire range!
At the Auto Expo I managed to speak to DSK Benelli supremo Mr Shirish Kulkarni and he revealed that they have charted out a plan which shares which motorcycle will get ABS in which month! Here’s the schedule…
Benelli Motorcycles ABS Schedule
- Benelli TNT 600i and 600 GT: April 2016
- Benelli TNT 300: July 2016
- Benelli TNT 25: September 2016
- Benelli TNT 899: Next Year 2017
Here are a few quick pointers to notice…
- Yes, even the smallest TNT25 will get ABS
- TNT 300 will become the only motorcycle to offer ABS in the twin-cylinder 300 cc segment.
- As soon as the ABS equipped versions are on sale – they will discontinue all the non-ABS versions completely. This means that the complete Benelli range in India will have ABS on offer and there will be no non-ABS version on sale at all!
- Mr Kulkarni also informed us that the price hike on their 600i and 600GT will be in the range of Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 on the ex-showroom price.