Ather 450X Gen 3 scooter is a generational update with some useful features… Sales already started from 20th July itself…
So, Ather Energy have launched the Gen-3 450X electric scooters with much-needed improvements and new features, with the promise of many new ones to come in future.
For the first time in their short history, the newly updated electric scooters are available for purchase from some of their dealerships spread across the nation.
Let’s take a closer look at the new Ather 450X Gen-3 electric scooters –
- Variants, Colours & Price
- The Ather 450X Gen 3 is being offered in 3 colours – Space Grey, Mint Green & White.
- The ex-showroom pricing of 450X Gen 3 includes the FAME-II subsidy and comes with an Ather Dot/Portable charger.
Listed below is the city-wise pricing of the Ather 450X Gen 3 –
- Design Of 450X Gen 3
- No visual change has been brought o the modern& sporty design of the Ather 450X.
- Just like the previous generation, the Gen 3 450X sports sharp& angular design elements further highlighted by the 3 colour schemes.
- The design remains very practical and compact, perfect for the urban as well as a busy city environment.
- The Gen 3 450X boasts many practical features and comes with a large underseat storage of 22 L.
- Battery & Motor
- The Installed battery capacity on the new 450X Gen 3 is 3.7 kWh out of which 3.24 kWh is usable.
- The Battery construction is a Li-ion type, encased in Aluminium construction, made up of 21,700 cells.
- The Battery pack is IP67 dust & water resistant.
- The final drive of 450X Gen 3 is Belt Drive.
- The Motor used in the updated electric scooter is PMSM type.
- This combination of battery and motor gives the scooter a true world range of 105 km and a claimed range of 146 km on a single charge.
- Claimed top speed – 80 km/h.
- Chassis & Suspension
- The new 450X Gen 3 is built around a Precision Machined Hybrid Chassis.
- Fitted at the front are traditional telescopic Right-Side Up forks.
- The rear is equipped with a Symmetrically Mounted progressive monoshock.
- Wheelbase – 1295 mm.
- Seat height – 780 mm.
- Kerb weight – 111.6 kg.
- Extensive Feature-list
- 450X Gen 3 is equipped with a 7” TFT touchscreen LCD instrumentation with 16 Million colours.
- The total lighting setup of 450X Gen 3 is full-LED – including headlight, indicators and tail-light.
- The 7” TFT digital instrumentation sports 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of storage space.
- This TFT digital instrumentation can be controlled by touch and sport capacitive touch technology.
- The Digital Cluster facilitates –
- GNSS with AGPS
- 4G LTE connection
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity
- Riding modes – Warp, Sport, Eco & Smart Eco.
- Temperature indicators and much more
- Every Ather 450X Gen 3 electric scooter comes with a 3-year/30,000 km warranty for the vehicle as well as the battery, as standard.
- Wheels & Brakes
- The Ather 450X Gen 3 rolls on 12” alloys as standard.
- The braking is handled by a Hydraulically actuated, 3-piston, single-disc system at the front and a single-piston disc setup at the rear.
- Instead of an ABS system, 450X Gen 3 uses Combined Braking System (CBS) aided by Regenerative braking to put back some lost charge into the battery.