Top-6 Indian two-Wheeler manufacturers did well in domestic sales… monthly comparisons not do too well…
All the sales numbers for April 2022 are in for six of the top manufacturers of two-wheelers in India – Bajaj, Hero, Honda, Royal Enfield, Suzuki and TVS.
Let’s see how each of them fared against each other in terms of Year-over-Year (YOY) and Month-over-Month Domestic Sales and Exports.
For April 2022, the sales ranking has changed significantly both in YoY sales as well as MoM sales. This time Bajaj have occupied the top position overtaking last month’s leader Hero MotoCorp. Suzuki India this time overtook Royal Enfield in sales, pushing the latter to the last place.
In Exports, Honda have moved down while Suzuki have moved up in the rankings.
Top-6 Indian Manufacturers Domestic Sales April 2022
- Hero MotoCorp – Highest selling manufacturer of two-wheeler for April 2022, Hero registered gain of 16.31% YoY while losing 4.15% MoM.
- HMSI – Second highest seller of two-wheelers, Honda saw a gain of 32.75% YoY while gaining 2.97% MoM.
- TVS Motors – Ranking third, TVS registered a gain of 37.41% YoY while seeing a drop of 8.34% MoM.
- Bajaj Auto – Standing at fourth position, Bajaj showed the most drop yet again among all the manufacturers, posting 26.34% drop YoY and 12.93% drop MoM.
- Suzuki India – Maintaining second last position in the ranking this time, Suzuki contracted YoY dropping 14.95% while the MoM expanded by 7.08%.
- Royal Enfield – Selling the least two-wheelers in the domestic market, Royal Enfield registered growth in sales for YoY but drop in MoM sales. YoY the growth stood at 10.38% while the MoM sales dropped by 7.91%.