2022 Yamaha MT15 v2 price is Rs 12,000 more than the older model. However, it gets many new features including improved suspension, etc…
So, the whispers of a few weeks ago that said Yamaha will be bringing the updated version of their 150 cc naked offering have been proven true today with the launch of Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0.
2022 Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Price and Colours
Yamaha India have priced the MT-15 Version 2.0 at Rs. 1,59,990 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is now available at all Yamaha dealerships all across the country.
With the new price of the updated model, the company is asking a premium of Rs. 12,000/- over the previous version of MT-15.
Yamaha have added two new colours – Cyan Storm & Racing Blue – to the palette and continue to offer Metallic Black and Ice Fluo Vermillion.
2022 MT-15 Version 2.0 Highlights and Features
- The biggest change that can be seen on the new MT-15 Version 2.0 is the update to the suspension setup.
- The front suspension now has 37 mm Upside Down (USD) forks and the rear swingarm is now made of Aluminium, which the company claims is MotoGP inspired.
- The frame that makes the basis of the chassis continues to be the Deltabox frame.
- Powering the MT-15 Version 2.0 is the staple 155 cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve engine equipped with their Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) system.
- The power-unit produces 18.4 PS of power at 10,000 RPM and 14.1 Nm of torque at 7,500 RPM.
- There is a drop of 0.1 PS of power and 0.2 Nm of torque in the updated model – there is no explanation by the company why it is so.
- The power of the engine is transferred through a 6-speed gearbox that is assisted by an Assist and Slip clutch system.
- The newest addition to the feature-list is Bluetooth capabilities powered by Yamaha’s Y-Connect App which displays information related to Maintenance, Parking location, Fuel consumption, Malfunctions, Revs dashboard along with displaying Calls, Messages and Smartphone battery status.
- Other Features include all-LED lighting setup and Braking system consisting of 282 mm disc in the front combined with 220 mm at the rear assisted by single-channel ABS.