Hero Splendor+ XTEC takes the Splendor name into the modern era with new technologies… Now there are 4 Splendor+models on offer…
The Hero Splendor is the by-default bike we imagine whenever we think of motorcycles in India. This is because the Splendor legacy extends back to our childhood days (nearly 20 years) – the good old days when Hero & Honda were not bitter rivals.
Presently, the charm and the appeal of the Splendor (now Splendor+) still continues and is one of the most popular bikes of our country.
Now, the Hero Splendor+ has been launched in its new teched-out avatar and has been named – Hero Splendor+ XTEC.
This is everything you need to know about the new Splendor+ XTEC –
Price, Colours, Variants and Models
- The new Hero Splendor+ XTEC is offered in only 1 variant.
- The new Splendor+ gets 4 new colour schemes – Sparkling Blue Beta, Canvas Black, Tornado Grey & Pearl White.
- The Splendor+ XTEC is priced starting at Rs. 72,900/- (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- With the new Splendor+ XTEC, the Splendor+ family now offers 4 models in total
New Features and Technology
- The new features mainly consist of adding new safety features and XTEC Bluetooth technology.
- The bike now gets the government mandated Side-Stand Engine Cut-off feature which shuts down or doesn’t start the engine if the side-stand is not folded away.
- Other safety features is addition of a Bank-angle Sensor which automatically cuts-off the engine if the bike tips-over or at an event of crash.
- The integration of XTEC technology enables the bike to have segment-first full-digital instrumentation.
- The new digital instrumentation is equipped with Bluetooth connectivity features – Incoming & Missed call alerts, New message alert, Two trip-meters, Real Time Mileage Indicator (RTMI) and Low fuel indicator.
- Other features include a new LED High Intensity Position Lamp (HIPL) and integrated USB charging port.
Also read: Next Ola S1 Pro Purchase Window Opens This Weekend
The Tried-and-Tested Engine & Chassis
- Other than the visuals and new features, rest of the new Splendor+ remains untouched.
- Powering the new Splendor+ is the staple 97.2 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine equipped with i3S Start-Stop technology.
- The powermill produces 7.9 HP and 8.05 Nm of torque connected to a 4-speed transmission system.
- The suspension system consists of telescopic forks at the front coupled with dual-rear shocks at the rear.
- The Braking system consists of 130 mm drum units at both ends.
- The new Splendor+ XTEC rides on 18” alloys wrapped in 80/100-section rubber.
The Hero Splendor+ is the only bike to still come in a 100 cc avatar. The closest rival to it is the disc-equipped TVS Radeon which is just Rs. 1,166/- and is powered by a 110 cc engine. Other rivals could be Bajaj CT110, Honda CD110 Dream and TVS Sport.