Bajaj has launched its 2011 model of Discover. This was to celebrate the fact that Bajaj has sold more than 40lakh motorcycles in the country since its launch. The company expects to sell more Discover bikes in the coming year and for this they rolled out 2011 model of their highly successful Discover.
Speaking on the occasion; Mr.S.Sridhar (president, Bajaj Motorcycles) said that it is a matter of pride seeing Discover attaining newer milestones each passing day. He further said that the company is taking productive steps to see that Discover’s popularity remains the same. The company is all focused to curb any flaw that could affect their sales and customer relations.
Bajaj has also appointed 130 new additional dealers that will contribute towards the growth rate of Discover in the coming years. Mr. Sridhar was also of the opinion that with the high dealership base and new innovations every now and then, Discover should find no hindrance as far as growth rate is concerned.
The 2011 Discover sports two additional colors Gold Green and Red Magenta. The good thing about this upgrade is that the price tag remains the same. Also one important change to notice is the two multi color decals with the ability to change colors when looked from different angles in the sunlight.
As far as the specifications go; the new 2011 model sports an engine of 94.38cc that is capable of producing 7.7 PS of maximum power and 7.85 Nm of maximum torque. However the manufacturers claim that the bike can return a mileage of 80 Km per liter.
2011 Discover – Notable Features
- Twin Spark Swirl Induction technology for better fuel efficiency
- Specially designed pent roof combustion chamber for improved combustion
- 5-speed gear box for smoother ride and better mileage
- ExhausTEC technology for better pick-up at low speeds even in high gears
- Ride Control Switch helping the user to ride in ‘fuel economy’ zone
- LED tail lamps for lesser power consumption and longer life
- Anti Suction Bush at the front suspension for longer suspension life
- Molykote coated piston for enhanced engine life
- Maintenance free battery
Overall, one can call it as good attempt by Bajaj. We will now have to wait and see how this new bike fairs up in the market. We at Bike Advice wish Baja a very prosporous time with Discover 2011.