At an event in Delhi, Suzuki has launched the new Access 125 in India. Showcased first at the 2016 Auto Expo last month, the new Access is a full model change and incorporates many changes. Here is a quick list..
New Access 125 Changes & Features
- New lightweight frame
- Weight reduction of 10 Kgs
- Hence, higher fuel efficiency, straight line ability and cornering performance (claimed)
- 12 inch tyre at the front (older model comes with 10 inchers)
- Optimized CVT settings for smoother ride
- Suzuki Easy Start System
- Steel front fender and steel leg shield for protection.
- Longest seat and under-seat storage in the segment (claimed)
- Other features include multi-function digital instrument cluster
- DC Socket (optional)
- Front pocket
- Disc brakes front (optional)
2016 Access Engine
Suzuki has powered the new 2016 Access with the same 124 cc SOHC air cooled engine but it churns out 8.7 PS of peak power at 7000 rpm and 10.2 Nm of maximum torque at 5000 rpm. While the power output is the same, torque has been increased by 0.4 Nm in comparison to the older model
Overall dimensions have grown whereas the fuel tank capacity has reduced a wee bit.
New Access Colours
Suzuki is offering the new Access in five colour options
- Glass Sparkle Black
- Pearl Mirage White
- Suzuki Deep Blue
- Candy Sonoma Red
- Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
New Access Price
The new Suzuki Access 125 has been priced at Rs 53,887 ex-showroom in Delhi. Here are its on-road prices in some major cities of India…
- Access in Delhi: Rs 59,123
- Access in Mumbai: Rs 64,222
- Access in Pune: Rs 61,170
- Access in Bangalore: Rs 64,609
- Access in Chennai: Rs 64,574
It looks retro-modern and we are sure it will find many takers. By the way, Suzuki has set a target of 20,000 unit sales (only?)!