It seems nobody understands what Bajaj is upto, even after getting regular hints from Rajiv Bajaj himself! After spyshots of a Pulsar 200NS look alike mule getting spied for a few times, here is a breaking revelation by Autocar India.
They have spied a completely camouflaged mule of a Pulsar somewhere on the NH4 out of Kolhapur. And they claim it is the upcoming faired Pulsar 200! If you flip back a few pages, there have been a few hints about Bajaj working on faired Pulsars and (at least one result of the same) is in front of our eyes.
Here are the important pointers what Autocar mentions:
- This will be the All-New Pulsar 200
- It will be a fully-faired motorcycle
- It will possess clip-on handlebars, split seats and the basic body design similar to the Pulsar 200NS
- New faired Pulsar will share 200NS’ 200cc engine which is expected to produce similar power output of around 23-24bhp and torque of around 20Nm.
- Autocar further claims that the new Pulsar 200 may show-off a compact sporty exhaust.
- Launch is expected to happen within a few weeks, not even months!
Frankly speaking, we are also surprised with this new bit that is coming from Bajaj’s stables. Quickly analyzing things, Bajaj may launch the Pulsar 180 in the current 200NS’ guise and completely stop the current naked 200NS. The test mules that we have been catching of late of a naked Pulsar mule (pictured below) give us a hint of the same.
This will be Bajaj’s first fully faired motorcycle in the market. This may also lead Bajaj to stop the Pulsar 220 that is still doing a decent job at the sales charts, slowly. Also, this new Pulsar will give us a hint of what we can expect from the bigger Pulsar 375, that should be coming soon!
However, if this report is to be believed, why did Rajiv Bajaj say that the second Pulsar to launch this year will be a sub-200 NS model? (the first one is definitely the Pulsar 375). Quite a few questions remain unanswered and many more have just cropped up all of a sudden… Let us wait for a while before we begin to hear more about this mysterious faired Pulsar!