For all those who feel they have had enough of 20-30cc increments, please don’t read further! What I thought might not be in the pipeline is coming to reality.
As reported by a few prominent sources, Bajaj is developing a ‘Faster than the fastest Indian’ 250cc version of its bread and butter Pulsar series. What we hear currently are:
- Designing cues inspired from Pulsar 135LS which means a different looking Pulsar since its launch and hopefully a different designed tank with a better knee recess
- 250cc single cylinder, oil cooled 4 stroke engine with 4 valves similar to Pulsar 135LS
- Monoshock rear suspension: which might mean a better handling Pulsar, finally!
- Speculated 24-26 PS of power output
- Fatter tires
- Price of around Rs 1.2-1.4 lakh ex showroom
- Might make it on the roads by 3rd quarter of 2011
These are just the basics and as we know Bajaj has always offered stupendous Value for Money products for all these years, we might see many new innovative features in this new iteration. Also, at its current speculated price this would be the cheapest quarter liter bike to be sold in India. CBR250R and Mojo takers keep your eyes and ears open. More on this when we will hear something solid about this development.
– Saad Khan